Scanned Document Distributor is a highly configurable application that scans documents and can perform any number of actions on them.
Scanned Document Distributor lets you define ‘profiles’. Each profile contains a scan action, followed by one or more actions to be performed on the scanned document(s). These 5 action types are available:
- Print the scanned document, on the selected local or networked printer.
- Save the scanned document on a local, external or networked disk, in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Send the scanned document via e-mail as a file attachment, in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Send the scanned document to an FTP server as file in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Run an application with as input the scanned document as file in PDF, TIFF, JPG, GIF or PNG format.
For every action you define, you will also define a number of parameters to be used in that action, for instance what file name must be used in a Save the document to disk action.
Automatic Document Feeders (ADF) on scanners are supported. In case of PDF or TIFF files, all documents scanned in one run can be put into one multi-page PDF or TIFF file. In other cases file names will have a sequence number added to them to make them unique.
So, a typical profile could define:
- a scan action to scan in black and white a bunch of Letter sized documents, using the ADF, at a scan resolution of 300 dots per inch
- an action to print the scanned documents to local printer X
- an action to print the scanned documents to networked printer Y
- an action to save the scanned documents to a networked disk as a multi-page PDF file
- an action to save the scanned documents to a local disk as a multi-page TIFF file
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to e-mail address x
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to e-mail address y, with a different mail subject and mail message
- an action to send the scanned documents as a PDF file to FTP server xxxx
- an action to run application X for the scanned documents in PDF format, in which application X could for instance store the document in a database, based on computer name, user name and date and time of origin.
Scanned Document Distributor can create shortcuts for defined profiles. Clicking such a shortcut would start up Scanned Document Distributor, which immediately starts to execute all actions defined in the profile, without requiring any further user action (except of course putting the document on the scanner).
- A Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 system.
- A scanner that complies with the Twain standard (most scanners do).
- You can add a description for profiles.
- You can rename a profile.
- You can clone a profile, which means a new profile is created that has all settings and actions of an existing profile.
- You can back up and restore the SDD.INI file, which is where SDD stores all its settings and information about profiles and actions.
- You can set both brightness and contrast for the scanning operation.
- You can activate the scanner’s deskew function (if any) for the scanning operation.
- Patch T separator pages can be used to separate document batches when scanning from an ADF.
- When duplex scanning, you can instruct SDD to store front and back of the document in one file.
- You can set that the application to start will only be started for the first scanned document of a batch.
- The %in variable can be used, which prompts the user for text input. Entered text will replace the %in variable. See the help file for more information.
- The %sq variable can be used, which is a seven characters long scan sequence number, padded to the left with zeroes if necessary. The starting sequence number can be set in the profile settings (default value is 1). The sequence number is increased by one for every page scanned within the profile. SDD will only use this variable in filenames when every scanned page is put in a separate file.
- An option can now be enabled to use the scanner’s default page size, instead of one of the predefined page sizes.
- A custom page size to be scanned can now be set.
- Fixed bug in function to create shortcut.
- Variables can now also be used in file paths.
- Added option to drop blank pages when scanning in duplex mode.
- Fixed problem that could occur when a shortcut was run by a user than didn’t create the shortcut.
- More effective and efficient JPEG compression algorithm.
- Added Group 4 compression for black and white TIFF files.
- Added two new variables: %se (seconds) and %ep (epoch).
- Fixed bug in handling FTP passwords.
- Added facility to preview scan result.
- Added possibility to send confirmation email or show confirmation pop up message after running profile.
- Added possibility to protect settings and definitions with a password.
- Added audit file facility.
- Fixed bug: Letter page dimensions were incorrectly defined.
- PDF compression is now supported.
- Fixed bug: FTP passwords weren’t always handled correctly.
- Added duplex scanning facility.
- Added possibility to define default FTP parameters.